Monday, December 6, 2010

UPP staTULA # 4

By Rayla Marie Recci Castillo and Maria Fatima Doce

If I could reach the end of the rainbow,
Would I find a pot of gold there?
If I could see flashes of the future,
Would I be able to clutch them with both of my hands?

Through my eyes, nothing can be seen
Colors have no way to have existed.
Many times I was lost in the labyrinth filled with shadows
Countlessly numbed by the failures of search for light.

I trudged on the wrong paths on many fateful days.
I failed many times and in many different ways.
Swathed in a cold and lonely atmosphere,
I became hopeless, solitary and blue.

Clamped in my solitude, I wondered
Could the self-destructive feeling get any worse?
Looking up, I struggle through the clouds for answers
Screaming deep inside, "Where is the way out?"

I heard the sound of my heart breaking,
Faster than my knees hitting the ground.
Perhaps a dash of hope could help me up,
Because I am pretty sure, I cannot fall any harder now.

While covering my psyche with the black blanket knitted by me
No way did my lowly mind expected how someone could have pulled it away so suddenly
My eyes were pained by the immediate light
An unexplainable blissful feeling has then gradually s
urrounded the lonely soul in me.

One by one, I picked up the pieces of my broken heart.
I dusted myself off and prepared for a better start.
Slowly, I stood up from the misery I so long have crouched down under.
I removed the despairing mask I so long have hid behind.

As if my eyes have only opened now.
People and things around me started to look so differently.
Smiles and colors are everywhere to be found,
I know for a fact, this is gonna be my start.

I could see the world clearer now,
With no tears to blur the view.
It's taken me too long to find out
That the spark of hope I've been waiting for has been with me all along.

Alas, the pot of gold is shimmering in front of me.
Life has started to glow persistently.
I walk with the future ahead of me,
but I understand that the fire of hope will never fail me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment